Safety is no accident
Here at Styne, we put health and safety at the core of out business. It starts at the top with our board encouraging open communication between all members of the company about their own and others’ safety to drive continual improvement of our systems and processes.
Meeting our legal health and safety obligations under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 is regarded as a bare minimum. We are committed to ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, and anyone who may be affected by our operations.
We recognise that activities involved in engineering and manufacturing can pose significant hazards, so we ensure that all tasks are appropriately risk assessed and that staff are suitably trained and equipped to carry out the work safely. As a principle, we risk assess hazards using the hierarchy of controls to eliminate or reduce them.
- We offer full risk assessments, method statements and site surveys.
- On larger projects we offer project management services with our SMSTS qualified project manager.
- All of our site supervisors hold current Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) qualifications.
- We have NEBOSH qualified staff.
- We have specialist staff, fully trained in the use of mobile elevated work platforms (MEWPs), Tower Scaffolding (PASMA), Water Hygiene (EUSR), and Confined Space.
- Many of our employees receive regular first aid and fire safety training.
- We are members of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS).
- We are Safe Contractor accredited.
Safe Contractor accreditation – Styne Engineering, Styne Industrial Refrigeration, Styne Electrical
All three of our companies undergo annual audits of our health & safety management systems and as such all hold current SafeContractor accreditation covering the following work categories:
- HVAC services
- Process plant engineering services
- Structural steel erection
- Electrical services
- Refrigeration system services
- Hot works
- Ladders/step ladders
- Selection and control of subcontractors
- Tower scaffolds
- Working with FGAS
- Working at height
- Working on services, systems or equipment requiring isolation
- Working with chemicals and hazardous substances
- Confined spaces
- Fixed scaffolds
- Inhalation of dusts, fibres and fumes
- Traffic management
- Working on roofs
FGAS Certification – Styne Industrial Refrigeration
Styne Industrial Refrigeration hold current FGAS Certification. This means we have demonstrated our ability to install, commission, de-commission, repair, maintain and service stationary refrigeration, air conditioning and heat pump equipment containing, or designed to contain, certain fluorinated gases.
Cold Chain Federation – Styne Industrial Refrigeration
Styne Industrial Refrigeration keeps abreast of the changes within our industry and is always striving to be the best at what we do, especially in environmental performance. As a member of the Cold Chain Federation, we contribute to advancing the understanding and introduction of efficient, safe, environmentally friendly refrigeration systems that reduce the industry’s carbon footprint.
NICEIC Certification – Styne Electrical
Styne Electrical hold current NICEIC accreditation as an approved contractor, domestic installer and to carry out PAT testing. NICEIC ensure that all companies involved in electrical work have been audited to the highest standards and deliver the best service possible.
EN 1090-1 Accreditation – Styne Engineering
Styne Engineering hold current EN1090-1 accreditation up to Execution Class 2, meaning that all of our processes used in the manufacturing of structural steelwork have been audited and meet the requirements of EN109-1 to ensure that all structural steelwork supplied and installed has been fabricated safely, to the highest standard and comes fully certified.